Monday, 30 November 2015

Real media text essay (exam).

In AS my brief was to create a music magazine font page, double page spread, and contents page. In order to do this I had to stick by conventions. In terms of layout I stuck by conventions for the layout of text, images etc. For the images and text I had to put them in certain places such as putting the main headline as the top of the page, having the sub-text placed around the image, which was placed in the centre of the page. In order to do this I had to use the text tool and then used the magic wand tool to place the main image over the main headline. The main reason for doing this was because I was just getting used to using conventions so for most of the text and images I used across the magazine I wasn't able to develop of challenge most of the conventions. When I got to A2 my brief was to create a horror trailer. In order to make the trailer we had to make a narrative structure. This included the three main parts of a trailer the equilibrium, disruption, and the resolution. Whilst working with the group we were able to develop the storyline, which created the narrative structure. Now that I had more experience with the conventions I was able to challenge them. In order to make sure that we didn't ruin the film in the trailer we only had an equilibrium and disruption and had no resolution.

During AS before taking the photos I had to make sure that I had the right mise-en-scene in terms of costume and make-up which would follow the typical conventions, which would make my magazine stand out as a pop magazine. When it came to getting the costume and make-up I asked the model to wear there own clothes and to dress in a casual outfit. The main reason for this was that I didn't have a budget to buy and costume of make-up. In A2 as my brief was for a horror trailer I had to change the costume and make-up required due to the mise-en-sence conventions of a supernatural costume. Instead of getting the actors in the trailer getting the costume I had to get it myself. I went to a local costume shop and was able to buy a long white gown, fake blood etc. that we were able to use in the photos and the trailer. The main reason for doing this was in order to make sure that we followed the conventions of out sub-genre to make sure it looked like a supernatural trailer.

Furthermore, whilst doing the photoshoot I used equipment such as a camera and lighting. I took the photos in front of a green screen and used the camera and lighting equipment for all of the shots. For the main image of the front page I had to stick to the conventions and take a medium close-up.
----------30 minutes----------
In A2 me and my group use the camera equipment, the lighting in the green room, and LED lighting. Instead of just using the green room we also used other locations such as a foot tunnel and a public house. The main reason for this was so that we were able to develop our camera work by filming in more than one type of camera shot and angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment