Monday, 23 November 2015

Research and planning essay (exam).

Across both year twelve and thirteen I had to complete research and also do planning before completing the making of the music magazine and film trailer, which I completed using different digital technologies.

Firstly, in year twelve for the music magazine I had to create a mood-board in order to plan what sort of images, colours etc. I would be using for the front cover, contents page, and double page spread. For this I decided to use powerpoint in order to put all of the images and text together. For the text I used the text box tool box so I could place the text at a certain angle to make sure that none of the text overlapped the images. The reason for creating this mood-board is to the I was able to get influences for my music magazine so that I could get ideas for the layout of the images and text, and also what colour scheme would best suit the layout. In year thirteen I had to complete mood-boards for all sub-genres of horror. The way I did this was by using thing link. This allowed me to create an interactive mood-board. I used one image for the background and then added in text around the image. The main tool allowed me to put small circle over the background which contained the text and images. This meant that I didn't have to put lots of text and images into one small space. The main reason for doing this is so that i could discover the main conventions of each of the sub-genres which would help to inspire some of the ideas for our final horror trailer.

Secondly, during part of the research for my music magazine I had to look at existing pop magazines in order to get some inspiration. In order to do this i looked online at several existing music magazines and I also went and bought a couple of magazines from a shop. The main reason for this was so that I could get some influences for my magazine by looking at the similarities between existing pop magazines such as there layout and colour scheme. During the research for the horror trailer I completed three crit sheets containing information about films for my trailer. Instead of using the internet for this part I watched them on CD and on Sky movies. For each one I had to write certain information about each of the films such ad the theme, stock characters, the equilibrium etc. The main reason for doing this is so that similarly for my music magazine I could compare films of the same sub-genre to see there similarities and differences.

Furthermore, at the start of year twelve for the preliminary task I had to reconstruct a movie magazine. During this task I used photoshop. I used tools such as the text tool and the magic wand tool. The main reason for this task was so that I could get some experience using photoshop so that I can be prepared for making the music magazine. In year thirteen I had to create a poster for my horror trailer. Again I used photoshop to create it but I used more tools. I was able to use tools such as the brightness contrast and the gradient in order to change the overall look of the poster. The main reason for doing this was so that I was able to get a good idea of what I would have on my final poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment